2018 Chinese New Year Preparations
Are you ready for the year of the Yang Earth Dog – Wu Xu?
In 2018, the Solar New Year begins February 4 and all feng shui and flying star yearly cures and enhancements should be in place before then. If you have not yet cleared your home and workplace, the coming weeks provide a perfect opportunity to do so since unfinished business carried into the near year will hinder your progress going forward. Remember, the energy all around you is constantly changing and many of the tools that were helpful in 2017 are obsolete in 2018 so best to make changes in a timely manner.
In Chinese culture it is customary to complete the following projects before the new year in order to start off on the right foot, minus your baggage from the previous year. Here are some ideas to help you on your way.
Before February 4, 2018:
- Clean your home and business thoroughly, including basements, garages, porches, attics and storage rooms
- Wash windows, touch-up or paint walls, clean filters, vents and drains
- Sweep you home from the front door to the back door to remove last year’s energy
- Clear all clutter by donating, selling or disposing of items that no longer serve you
- Organize files (including digital), closets, drawers, calendars and schedules
- Clean out refrigerators and pantries and replace only the freshest and healthiest foods
- Repair or remove anything that is broken – especially clocks and watches or faulty electronic equipment that could keep you stuck in the past
- Trim or remove any trees or branches that need cutting on your property and thank them for their service. If they leave a gap, plant something in their place for optimism.
- Check lighting inside and out to be sure fixtures and bulbs are in working order to illuminate your view of the world
- Clean every mirror, crystal and glass fixture in your home and business for clarity in 2018
- If you have an altar or meditation area, clean and restate hopes, dreams and intentions
- Service and clean your automobile for safe passage through the year
- Pay your debts and balance accounts so as not to drag obligations with you into 2018
- Clean and polish your front door then oil the hinges for unencumbered access & opportunities
- Reconcile any disputes you may have with friends, colleagues or family members for a fresh start to the year
- Get a haircut now to prevent cutting into your good fortune in the new year
- Remove your front doormat and replace with a brand new one on New Year’s eve. Doormats contain last years’ energy which will find its way into your home and business on footsteps